Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Style Pizza


I think all of us love pizza every now and then. Most of the time we order them from pizza hut, domino's, papa johns etc. Though I sort of like these pizzas I cringe a little every time I take a bite. The a gal who likes eating and put on weight rather quickly and has a hard time losing it. Thus my control freaky brain devised this new method of making my own pizzas. I think it is loaded with veggies (I hope u guys have figured by now that I am vegetarian...the dairy eating kind). It allows me to control the amount of cheese goes into my pizza and also u control how it tastes and miraculously it takes only about 30-40 mins of preparation time.

Ingredients:

  1. 8 inch Pizza crust (smaller the size better it is for ur waist :-))
  2. 1/2 of green capsicum chopped coarsely
  3. 1 medium sized tomatoes diced or cut in round shape.
  4. 1/2 zucchini cut in round shape.
  5. 1/2 medium sized onion chopped coarsely
  6. 1-2 medium sized serrano pepper chopped finely.
  7. 4-5 basil leaved chopped coarsely
  8. 1 bowl full-fresh baby spinach.
  9. 2 cups of skimmed milk mozzeralle cheese.
  10. 2 cups of pasta sauce (one that u like).
Equipment Required:
  1. Pizza stone.
  2. Oven
  3. pizza cutter.

Method:


Before you start anything preheat your oven at 450 degrees.
  1. Place the pizza crust on a clean pizza stone.
  2. Spread a 1 cup full of pasta or pizza sauce on the crust evenly.
  3. spread about 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
  4. Add the spinach evenly on top, also spread the chopped pepper, basil.
  5. Now add another 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
  6. Add the rest of the pasta or pizza sauce on top.
  7. now add rest of the veggies and finally top the pizza with the rest of the cheese.
  8. Place the pizza stone with the pizza in the pre-heated oven.
  9. Cook for about 10-15 mins. Remove the pizza when the cheese on the top has melted.
  10. Cut the pizza into wedges using the pizza cutter. 8 inch pizza yields 5 large and 8 small wedges.
  11. Serve Hot!!


No comments: